Tuesday 15 April 2014

One Thousand World Interview with Mark Boyd

 One Thousand Worlds is delighted to welcome back Mark Boyd, who showcased the first one thousand words of his debut novel, The Prophecyhere last month. The Prophecy is the first book in his trilogy, A Dragon's Tale.


Tell us about The Prophecy.

The Prophecy is the first book of ‘A Dragons Tale’ trilogy. It sets the storyline and introduces the dragon/human element of the trilogy.
To backtrack, Mishmakon, The Dragon King is the third book. The Dragon King is born of human/elven/dragon blood and unites the races in the final battle for control over life or death of the world. 
The Prophecy tells of this foretelling and of its initiation with the love between Anaterri (a blue dragon in human form) and Prince Leandro Sargovia. There are those that fervently seek to stop this union before it goes any further and thus the story is told.        

How many books have you written?  

The Prophecy was the first and I have just completed Book 2, The Book of Genevieve.

What are you working on at the moment?    

The Book of Genevieve is now in the final editing stages and should be released, April 2014. I have already started writing on the third and final book of the trilogy, Mishmakon, The Dragon King.

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?  

Patience, humility and a dedication to your reader base tends to keep one sane.  Also listening to and trusting in where your story is coming from.  A must is also trusting that the Universe will deliver all of that when it is required.

How much impact does your childhood have on your writing?    

A lot. I lived in a fantasy world much of my young adult life. It was easy to get lost in books when my world was not going well. It opened my mind to universe’s and realms to discover and conquer.

What was the greatest thing you learned at school?

Making out with girls, you asked.

  
If you could meet any of your own characters, who would it be?    

It would have to be Anaterri, a female blue dragon that chooses to live in human form. When she came to my mind, she was my ultimate fantasy for a partner, loving, sexy, tough, intelligent, beautiful, and a healer.

Do you have a favorite character among the ones you've invented?   

I would say Leto Sargovia is my favorite at this point.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I can let you know...if I ever decide to grow up.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?  
Gandhi.

What do you think about when you are alone in your car?  

Why are all these idiots on their cell phones? Get a clue people.


What song best describes your work ethic?    

Wow, this is a tough one but the first song that came to my mind was Free Bird by Lynard Skynard. I love the idea that I am free to write, free to publish at my discretion and free to speak my story. My mentor, Terri Valentine, an award winning romance author told me to never let an editor take my voice away. The traditional world of publishing has been bogged down with so many self interests that it will soon be a dying breed. Right now, it’s better to be a Free Bird.


Where you can purchase The Prophecy:


Connect with Mark Boyd:

1 comment:

  1. I've read The Prophecy...it is the quintessential story of good against evil and of course in the end good wins...or does it???

    ReplyDelete